Lose Weight – 10 Simple Tips
There are many ways to lose weight, some such as hypnotherapy to lose weight work, many do for the short term and some simply don’t. There’s always a new fad diet that “you simply must try”. And the key word is try, because using the word try implies failure, and because we try so many different ways to lose our excess weight we never stick at one long enough to succeed.
So how do you lose weight?
Weight loss is quite simple really, it’s calories consumed minus calories burnt, too many consumed and you put on weight, more calories burnt than consumed, and hey presto you lose weight.!
10 ways to lose weight easily
1) Eat the food you enjoy – but in moderation. Save up calories by eating more fruit and veg, tweak your favourite foods, use low fat cheese, spread, light mozzarella etc. invest in a bottle of low fat olive oil spray for cooking. All the savings mean you can have the occasional takeaway and enjoy it!
2) Keep a food diary. Unless you write things down you won’t know exactly what you are eating. I am sure you have had the odd biscuit or two on a diet and then conveniently forgotten to count it towards your daily calorie allowance.
3) Put an inspiring picture on display in the kitchen, maybe of a holiday destination you want to visit, a wedding invitation or special event you want to look good for. Or a picture of yourself how you used to be and want to be again.
4) Use kitchen scales to weigh your portions, sometimes you can under estimate how much food you are really serving up. Remember saving up those calories means more opportunity for a treat.
5) As your weight loss progresses buy some new clothes that fit. That way you are reminded that you are losing weight and rewarded for all your good work. Throw out the old clothes that no longer fit so that you don’t go back to the old sizes.
6) Have treats. Go for a slow and steady weight loss, life is too short to deprive yourself of chocolate, cheese and other nice things. Everything in moderation. Aim to lose weight at about one or two pounds per week, that way it will stay off.
7) Be true to yourself. If you have a bad food day keep a note of the calories consumed, it’s only one day, you can balance out the extra calories over the rest of the week. Remember it’s the average calories that count in the long run.
8) Take some exercise. It’s OK if you’re not a gym bunny, just do something to burn those calories. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise, costs nothing and can be fun to do.
9) Take note of the amount of alcohol you consume, especially at home, those measures can be quite generous!
Keep on and on and on, never give up. You will have bad days, these things happen, remember tomorrow is another day and a fresh start.
10) Here we go – here is the shameless plug for using hypnotherapy to lose weight. Hypnotherapy has been proven to be an effective way to lose weight easily.
There is also now the amazing hypno gastric band, which convinces your mind that you have had a gastric band fitted so that you can’t eat as much. All from the comfort of your hypnotherapist’s chair.
For more information about how to lose weight with hypnotherapy feel free to contact Graham Parish of Hypnotherapy Petersfield on 07810 877158.